Island Excellence Toastmasters is hosting a very special event tomorrow night. We've had posters up around town, told all our friends, invited fellow Toastmasters, spread the word on Facebook and now, tomorrow is the Big Day! So, why should you make the time and effort to come and join us on a cold, winter night? Here's just a few reasons:
1. Popcorn! And you get to watch 4 of the International Speech Contest Finalists as they present their speeches at the Toastmasters International Conference, which was held in Vancouver in August.
2. Plus YOU GET THE BE A JUDGE because......
3. Phyllis Nielsen DTM and Co-Founder of our Club will be presenting an interactive and entertaining Judging workshop. This is an invaluable opportunity for current and future Toastmasters. It is also very timely as we are heading into Speech Contest Season and there is always a demand for Judges.
4. Everyone will have a ballot and, following Phyllis's workshop, you will get to put what you've learned into practice through judging the speakers (without knowing how the Judges at the International Conference cast their votes!
5. You get see how your votes compare to those Judges and to all your other fellow judges.
We would love to have you join us!
We live our lives above the line and move through life at the speed of full participation! We are courageous and we are compassionate and most of all we are committed to making not only our own lives better, but improving the lives of those whose paths we cross